04 January 2008

My 2nd IT job

My main job is providing technical support for a small firm and my 2nd job is providing technical support for family which is, naturally, generally unpaid.

After a long and boring day at work, me and my colleagues were released for our 2 days and a few hours of freedom before our Monday return.

I was collected from work by my father, with my wife "riding shotgun" and driven to my parents house, about 15 minutes drive away. On arriving at my mum & dad's house, I was greeted by mum and I then proceeded to their PC in the conservatory with the task of installing Skype, their webcam and generally maintenance. Pretty easy stuff fortunately.

Although I say such work is generally paid, I considered the beer, wine and roast beef dinner with tons of roast potatoes and yorkshire pudddings as more than adequate recompense!

My wife and I were then driven back home around 10.30pm where we watched several episodes of series 1 of "The Mighty Boosh", which makes no sense but is enjoyable nonetheless

No comments: