07 January 2008

Power Of The Daleks

This morning, I got into town early enough to go to the latest Tesco before work and pick up my lunch for the first few days of the week and a lot of AA batteries as I was going to be needing them when a certain package arrived.

During work I received an email from my wife, who is currently unemployed and is therefore handy for receiving parcels from courier companies, though I'd much prefer she wasn't and earning enough so I could just receive them at work and pay the £20+ for a taxi home. This email announced that a large package was waiting for me at home to open.

It contained...an 18" Voice Interactive Dalek!

After a long day my working day came to an end and I returned home and consumed dinner while watching "Human Nature", one of my favourite three episodes of Doctor Who series 3 which guest starred Jessica Hynes (formerly known as Jessica Stephenson) of Spaced fame.

After 15 minutes of wrestling with the packaging containing the Dalek, I finally managed to get it out. I reached for the pile of AA batteries to insert them, but any hopes of playing with it tonight were dashed when I realised that it not only required AA batteries but four D and one PP3 batteries too, which of course we didn't have!

BAH!

No comments: